Saturday, February 06, 2016

CARD TUTORIAL - A Cuppa or A Beer? Gift Card Holder

I woke up one morning to find my daughter Kayleigh had been having a play with my craft stuff after I had gone to bed.

Kayleigh couldn't find a gift card so she used one of her old train tickets instead.  I thought her idea was brilliant and my next project was definitely going to be making this card, the Valentine's cards I was supposed to be making could wait.

This is what I found at my workspace with a lovely little note explaining her idea.


For the card base I cut an A4 sheet Whisper White thick cardstock to 8 1/4" x 7 7/8" (DL size).

The stacked teacups image comes from the A Nice Cuppa stamp set.  Stampin' Up! also has a matching Designer Series Paper stack, a cardstock pack and embellishments. There is also a lovely set of Cups & Kettle framelets dies that goes with the stamp set. Details of these products can be found at the bottom of the page along with a supplies list. 

Whilst I was stamping the teacups image the words 'There's always time for Tea' got me thinking.  I have seen cards that had been made using this stamp set and I wanted to do something different. 

I grabbed 2 of hubbys teabags, placed them one underneath the other on the card front and placed the teacups on top.  It looked different but they left bits of powdered tea everywhere.  That was too annoying for me to cope with so I removed them.

I then had a 'mad half hour' moment and cut 2 clock hands from the same colour card as my matting piece and placed them on the round teabag.  I looked at the teabag and giggled to myself, I may be having a mad half hour but I am going to put a 'teabag clock' on the front of this card. 


used tear & tape to adhere the hands together and to adhere them to the teabag.  I used my 2 1/2" circle punch to punch a circle from Whisper White cardstock and used the tear and tape to adhere the teabag to the circle.  To prevent the mess from the powdered tea I put the teabag in a clear bag and sealed it.

I cut a piece of Have a Cuppa DSP (Designer Series Paper) and used one of my circle dies to cut a hole in the centre of the DSP. I used tear & tape to adhere the clear bag to the DSP and then used double sided foam tape to adhere it to the card base.

I used dimensionals on the back of the stamped image and adhered it to the card.


For the inside of the card I found a beer bottle image on Google and used this as a template. I followed Kayleighs example as much as I could and this is what I came up with.



For the label on the neck of the bottle I stamped the words 'Party Animal' from the Balloon Builders stamp set.  I typed the 'Failing that there's Beer', printed it off and used my Decorative Label Punch and used dimensionals to adhere it.



For the gift card/money holder I stamped 'Happiest of birthdays to you' from the Birthday Blooms stamp set. I used tear and tape on the bottom and both sides of the holder and adhered it to the bottle. There is plenty of room for a gift card or cash.



I would like to say a big well done to Kayleigh for having such a brilliant idea. I love it and I had so much fun making it.

I hope you like todays card too.  If you have any questions please leave a comment and I will get back to you.

If you would like to order any of the items I used in todays project there is a list of supplies below.  Click on one of the pictures and it will take you to my online shop where you can order 24/7 and have them delivered straight to your door. 

Many thanks.

Dee x

Have a Cuppa products available

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Products used

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment