Saturday, May 14, 2016

Blended Bloom and 2016-2018 In Colors

I love the new 2016-2018 In Colors from Stampin' Up! and they have fantastic names - Dapper Denim, Emerald Envy, Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach and Sweet Sugarplum : )  As soon as the stamp pads arrived I knew I wanted to watercolour to see the variety of shades I could achieve so I grabbed my Aqua Painter. 


In my parcel was also the Blended Bloom stamp, this is a beautiful image perfect to watercolour (the stamp is retiring on 31st May 2016 - link at the bottom of this post) 

I stamped the image several times onto watercolour paper using Versamark and heat embossed it using white embossing powder. 

Sweet Sugarplum was the first colour I tried and I really liked all the different shades I could get. 



I tried Dapper Denim next and I really love the look of the finished flower. The Dapper Denim stamp pad looks really dark when you open it but when you watercolour you can get a beautiful baby blue. This is my new favourite 'blue' from Stampin' Up!




I really disliked Flirty Flamingo when I first saw it at OnStage Live, Telford - it looked really garish. I wasn't going to order it but it didn't 'feel right' ordering the other In Colors and not this one.

Now I'm so glad I did because you get some really lovely shades, don't let the harshness of the pink put you off. I would always use Pink Pirouette but Flirty Flamingo is my new go to 'pink'. You can achieve so many beautiful shades of pink and I'm not a 'pink person'.


These are my finished cards using Sweet Sugarplum, Dapper Denim and Flirty Flamingo, I hope you like them as much as I do.


Sweet Sugarplum

Dapper Denim

Flirty Flamingo

Have yourself some crafting fun

Dee x


If you would like to order any Stampin' Up! products please click on the link below and click on the 'SHOP NOW' tap where you can shop online 24/7:-

  


No comments:

Post a Comment