Sunday, July 24, 2016

Inlaid Flowers Card - Pootles Colour Challenge 004

Inlaid Flowers Card - Pootles Colour Challenge 004

Todays card is a first for me, I created it because I am taking part in my first 'Colour Challenge'. 

My upline Sam Hammond aka Pootles' started a weekly colour challenge a few weeks ago and the colours Sam chose this week are So Saffron, Sweet Sugarplum and Soft Sky.  



thought this would be a perfect excuse to play with my new Flourish thinlits dies from Stampin' Up! (I didn't need an excuse really, I just wanted to have some fun.)  When I saw these dies in the new catalogue I knew I wanted to use the 'inlaid' technique with them (I don't like wasting cardstock so this is perfect.) I decided to try the small detailed flower die first but I really wasn't sure if I would like these 3 colours together but I had to give it a go.
So Saffron, Sweet Sugarplum and Soft Sky inks.

This is the finished card that I am going to enter into the Pootles' Colour Challenge 004.  Products used are at the bottom of this post.



To make the inlaid flowers I die-cut a square in each of the 3 colours then placed the flower die on the square and ran it through my Big Shot. Once I had die-cut the flower I removed the die and placed the die-cut face down onto a piece of Press n Seal.  I gently removed the flower and inlaid one of the other flowers.  

I used 2 layering squares dies to die-cut the frames and then used the larger of the 2 dies to cut 3 square panels.  I put Tombow glue on the square panels and adhered the frames and inlaid flowers. 




This is the first colour challenge I have done and I managed to use all 3 of the colours and to be honest I really like these 3 colours together.  I would NEVER have thought of using these as a colour combination so I want to say a big thank you to Sam - Pootles

Do you like the colour combination? I really like the 3 different colour inks on the sentiment too, what do you think? Please leave a comment as I would love to have some feedback from other crafters.  If you have any questions please leave a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Maybe you will have a go at one of Pootles' Colour Challenges too.


Have yourself some crafting fun.

Dee x



Click here to go to my Stampin' Up! 24/7 Online Store

Products used:-

'CELEBRATE' sentiment - My Hero stamp set (Ronald McDonald House Charities) 

Inlaid flowers made using Flourishing Thinlits Dies







No comments:

Post a Comment