Friday, July 22, 2016

Thoughtful Branches Accordion Card

I love the new Thoughtful Branches stamp set and the coordinating Beautiful Branches thinlit dies from Stampin' Up! As soon as I saw them I knew I wanted to make a card showing how beautiful the tree would look for each of the 4 seasons. As soon as they arrived I went straight into my craft room and had so much fun stamping and die cutting.

These products will be available to purchase in my online store from 2nd August to 31st August whilst supplies last.




SPRING TREE

I used Pink Pirouette ink as the base colour on the leaves stamp and then randomly daubed Flirty Flamingo ink onto the stamp using a sponge dauber.  I added two birds to the tree to represent the mating season. Before adhering the tree I embossed the oval in the centre with the Woodland textured embossing folder. I did this to all 4 oval panels.



SUMMER TREE

I used Emerald Envy ink as a base colour for the leaves image and randomly daubed Garden Green ink with a sponge dauber. I added mum, dad and 3 baby birds to the tree. 


AUTUMN TREE

I used So Saffron ink as the base colour and randomly daubed Tangelo Twist ink with a sponge dauber.  The Tangelo Twist ink is now retired but I didn't have Pumpkin Pie or Tangerine Tango ink.   I tried using Calypso Coral ink but to me it looked too dark. Instead of wasting the Calypso Coral piece I cut some of it up, crumpled it and added it to the base of the tree to make it look like a pile of fallen leaves.



WINTER TREE

For the snow on the tree branches I used Tombow glue to adhere 2 different types of white glitter.  For the snow drifts at the base of the tree I used the 'fall out pieces' from around the centre of the accordion die, I try not to waste anything : ). I added fine white glitter to the tops of the snow drifts.  

I just had to have a Robin perched in the Winter tree to finish it off. 


 

The Thoughtful Branches stamp set and the coordinating Beautiful Branches thinlit dies will be available to buy in my online store between 2nd and 31st August, 2016.  You can save 10% if you buy the Stamp Set and Thinlit Dies together as a bundle. These 2 fantastic products are an exclusive, limited time, whilst supplies last promotion so please don't wait to long to order them. 


I had so much fun making this card and I am really pleased with the way it looks.  What do you think?  If you have a few minutes please leave a comment as I would love to have some feedback.  If you have any questions please let me know and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Have yourself some crafting fun.

Dee x





 

  





1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is so stunning! I just love it! Thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete