Friday, September 02, 2016

New Character you can make with Cookie Cutter Halloween

Thank you for visiting my blog.  Todays post is about making another Halloween character using the Cookie Cutter Halloween stamp set and how I made it.  With this stamp set you can make a Vampire, a Mummy, a Scarecrow and a Skeleton.  




I had been using the stamps and whilst I was putting the backings onto them I noticed the backings looked like ghosts. Well that was it, out came some cheap white cardstock and I drew around all the backing papers. 


For some reason I was drawn to the one from the Skeleton so I cut that one out.  I thought about using the Owl Builder punch for the ghost's face but decided I didn't want round eyes so I had to draw a face on it and when I did it made me giggle.  I took it to show my hubby and he loved it. 
 

I got a piece of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and on the back of it I drew around the backing paper.  I didn't want to draw a face on the glimmer paper so I looked at my Stampin' Up! punches to see if I could use any of them.


I saw the 'squiggles' on the Sprinkles Punch and thought they could be cut down for the eyes so I punched one of them with a scrap of Basic Black cardstock. 




Following the curve of the 'circle' I cut around the bottom part and it gave me the perfect shape for the ghosts eyes. In the picture below I have used a piece of white cardstock to show you how I cut the eyes.


I attached the eyes to the glimmer paper using multipurpose glue, I find this is the best way to adhere anything to the glimmer paper. Dimensionals adhere really well too but I didn't want to use them for the face. 


I also used one of the 'eyes' for the ghosts mouth. 


I cut another ghost but this time I wanted a different mouth.  On the Sprinkles punch it has a semi-circle that was the size I needed, I used Basic Black cardstock to punch one of these. 




I can't show you the finished project yet because it is part of a blog hop to be held on the 10th September, 2016.  If you don't want to miss seeing the finished project please add your email address to the 'follow by email' section on the right hand side of this page.

There is also a Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set and the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch co-ordinates with both the Halloween and Christmas stamp sets.  You can save 10% if you purchase the Cookie Cutter Christmas Bundle, the bundle consists of the Cookies Cutter Christmas stamp set and the punch (see image below)



I hope you like my cute little ghosts and maybe you will make some for yourself.  If you would like to purchase any of the products I have used you can send me an Email or click on any of the images below and this will take you to my online store.


If you would like a copy of the new Autumn/Winter catalogue send me an email  and I will pop one in the post for you.


If I can help in any way please let me know.

I hope you find some time to have some crafting fun.

Dee x



Product List


No comments:

Post a Comment