Saturday, September 10, 2016

Pootler's Blog Hop - Cookie Cutter Halloween Train



Welcome to the Pootler's Blog Hop.  Today the Pootler's are showcasing some of the fabulous new products in the Autumn-Winter 2016 Catalogue.

I am so excited to be able to take part in todays Hop and I hope you have found lots of inspiration in all the lovely creations you have seen so far.  There are more inspirational creations to be seen so please continue hopping by clicking the 'Next' or 'Previous' button at the end of this post.




As soon as I saw the Cookie Cutter Halloween and Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp sets they went at the top of my wish list. I bought the Cookie Cutter Halloween stamp set first because we hand out about 250 treat bags on Halloween night and I like to decorate them (we have a 'scary' walk-through in our garden every year for the children). 

I knew I wanted to make a Halloween themed project for todays blog hop and the inspiration for the Halloween Train came from a Christmas train I made last year.



For the card base and the train I used the Halloween Night 12" x 12" Cardstock Pack on page 51 of the catalogue.  The background was sponged with Rich Razzleberry, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight and So Saffron ink.

The Mummies, Vampire, Skeleton and Scarecrows were stamped with Basic Black Archival ink onto Thick Whisper White cardstock and coloured in with a blender pen.  I stamped the small ghosts onto Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper and fussy cut them. To make the large ghost I drew around the backing sheet of the Skeleton stamp onto some Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper and fussy cut it. I used the Sprinkles punch to make the eyes and mouth.



I wanted to make one of the mummies female but just adding a Pink bow for her hair wasn't enough for me so I added Pink Pirouette shading on her bandages.  When I had finished I looked at her and had one of those 'light bulb moments' - she could be a bride.  I used the Tree Builder Punch and a scrap of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper to make her a bouquet of flowers and I made her a little veil



For the groom I stamped and fussy cut the bow tie from the Vampire image and punched 3 small Basic Black circles with the Owl Builder punch. I used Basic Black cardstock to make one of the mummies into a vicar.  I decorated the 'wedding carriage' with a garland made of Dazzling Diamonds ghosts and flowers.



'Normal' wheels wouldn't look right on my ghost train so I used a 3/4" circle punch and a 1/2" circle punch to make the eye balls. 

I used the Spooky Fun Stamp set on page 52 of the Autumn-Winter catalogue and the Jar of Haunts stamp set on page 55 to decorate the engine and carriages. 


I hope you like my Halloween train as much as I do, I am really pleased with the way it turned out and I had so much fun making and decorating it.

I am hoping to get the tutorial posted on Wednesday, if you would like to receive the tutorial please add your email address to the 'Follow by Email' on the right-hand side of my blog. 

If you have any questions please leave them a comment below.  

Thank you for visiting today.

Sam (aka Pootle's) is the next stop on the hop

Next


or click on the previous button below to see Sally Shaw's lovely project  

Previous

I hope today's Blog Hop has given you lots of inspiration.

Have yourself some crafting fun.

Dee x


If you would like a copy of the catalogue or you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me by clicking here.


If you need any of the products I used to make this card you can click on the images below or click here to visit my 24/7 Online Shop. 


Products used:


Blender Pens
[102845]
£9.00

20 comments:

  1. Wow Dee, This is a Fab project. Well Done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angelina, it took a long while to make but it was definitely worthwhile. I had so much fun making it. x

      Delete
  2. Stunning Dee. Absolutely love this.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super project Dee, although I don't do Halloween your design is lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine, I really appreciate you taking the time to leave me a lovely comment. Dee xx

      Delete
  4. Such a fun and creative card; love all your details. I signed up for your emails and can't wait for the tutorial. Many thanks, in advance. (I'm most interested in how you worked out the train engine.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Doris. When I was creating the card I took photo's at the various stages including how to make the train engine, I will make sure I add this to the tutorial for you. Dee x

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, what a fabulous card! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, I had lots of fun making it. xx

      Delete
  6. Absolutely the best, can't wait for the tutorial. Are you by any chance going to do a Christmas train? PLEASE!
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely comment, I really appreciate it.

      I WILL definitely do a Christmas Train for you Maggie, Christmas is my favourite time of the year and I will really enjoy making a Christmas Train. I will definitely be using the Cookie Cutter Christmas stamps for it because they are so adorable. I will be placing my next order at the beginning of October and I will start working on the Christmas Train as soon as they arrive.

      Please can I ask you to add your email address to the 'Follow by Email' link on the right-hand side of this post and you will automatically receive the blog post for the train when it is completed.

      Delete
    2. Maggie, the Christmas Train you asked me to make is nearly finished. I'm hoping to get a blog post done by the weekend but it is a busy week for me as I have 250 - 300 treat bags to make for Halloween first. Dee x

      Delete
  7. Great card Dee!
    Thanks for hopping with us
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to see some Hallowe'en projects - love them

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful and equally cute card, Dee. I absolutely love your background xx

    ReplyDelete