Monday, October 17, 2016

Gold, Silver, Platinum and Copper Heat Embossing Comparison

Metallic colours are still really popular and I love images that have been heat embossed with metallic embossing powders, they look stunning.

Earlier this year I went to a papercraft show where I found a pot of Platinum embossing powder that had been reduced to £1.  I had Gold and Silver embossing powder and I knew Copper Stampin' Emboss Powder was one of the new products in the Stampin' Up! 2016/17 Annual Catalogue but I had never seen Platinum so I just had to buy it.


I have to confess, I did the heat embossing with the Gold, Silver, Platinum & Copper metallic embossing
powders quite a while ago but I couldn't find the photo's I had taken until a few days ago (I had taken them with my old camera and the memory card was in the camera case).  The 4 metallic colours look so beautiful I wanted to share them with you so I decided to go ahead with this post. Better late than never : )

I knew there would be lots of blog posts done by fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrators showcasing the Copper Stampin' Emboss Powder.  I decided to emboss the same image with the Gold, Silver, Copper and Platinum embossing powders to show you the difference between the 4 metallic colours.  Silver has always been my favourite embossing powder, would either of the new colours become my new 'go to' colour?

My hubby bought me a large Rose stamp whilst we were at the papercraft show and I thought this would be the perfect image to use for the comparison.  

I wanted to try the Copper one first so I embossed the Rose onto some watercolour paper (I wanted to watercolour all the Roses later) but the image just wasn't bold enough for me.


I decided it would be better if I used Basic Black cardstock because I knew the metallic colours would really stand out against a black background.  I heat embossed the Rose image with the Gold embossing powder first and then the Silver.


    
When I used the Copper and the Platinum embossing powders I really loved how they both looked on the black background, I thought they looked really stunning.  I fussy cut the 4 Roses and placed them on a sheet of A3 black cardstock to take a photograph to showcase the different colours.

I don't know if it was the camera or the lighting but in the photo's the Silver Rose looks almost white and the Rose Bud has a slight pink tint to it.  The photo doesn't capture the true colour/beauty of the metallic embossing powders but then a photograph never looks as good as looking at something in real life.

Silver, Gold, Platinum and Copper embossing powders

I do love my new Copper and Platinum embossing powders, I wish Stampin' Up! would start selling Platinum embossing powder. It's really difficult to choose a favourite but I have to say the more I look at the 4 Roses together the more I fall in love with the Copper Rose. The Copper embossing would also look gorgeous with the new Copper Foil Sheets that are in this years Autumn/Winter Catalogue (see image below).

Do you have a favourite?  If so please let me know in a comment below.  

I have created 4 cards with these beautiful metallic Roses, I will post photo's of them in the next few days.  If you don't want to miss that blog post please add your email address to the 'Follow by email' link which can be found on the right hand side of my blog.

Have yourself some crafting fun.

Dee x


Copper Foil Sheets - If you would like to purchase these please click on the image below 


If you would like to purchase any of the Stampin' Up! Metallic Embossing Powders
please click on the image below 

No comments:

Post a Comment