Friday, October 21, 2016

Metallic Rose Cards

These are the 4 Roses I heat embossed with Silver, Gold, Platinum and Copper embossing powders.  The photo doesn't do them justice because they look stunning in real life.


I was going to put these Roses in a frame and put it in my craftroom but I decided to make them into cards instead.  

For 3 of the cards I used Basic Black cardstock because I really wanted to make sure the metallic embossing stood out.  I also made sure I only used colours that would complement the metallic embossing and not distract from it.  

For the copper embossed rose I used cardstock that was a close match and used a Creative Expressions die for the edge. I embossed the sentiment in copper and hand cut the banner.


I adhered the embossed gold rose to a matt gold panel. I tied a double bow using matt gold ribbon and adhered a flower I had made using the same matt gold card and added a black rhinestone in the centre of the flower.


For the platinum embossed rose I found some cardstock in my stash to make the matting layer and used black satin ribbon for the bow.  


For the silver embossed rose I used a sheet of A4 thick Whisper White for the card base because I love black, silver and white together. The fancy black panel at the bottom was made using a Creative Expressions die. On the black layer I embossed two lines at 1/2" and 1" all the way around.  I tied a double bow using black satin ribbon and added a large rhinestone to the centre of it. 


I had lots of fun making these cards and I really love my new copper and platinum embossing powders.

Do you have a favourite? If so please leave a comment letting me know which one you prefer?  If you have any questions please put them in the comment below and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Have yourself some crafting fun.


Dee x

No comments:

Post a Comment