Monday, October 24, 2016

My Hero Rosette Card


On Saturday I took part in the Simply Sketched Saturday Challenge Blog Hop.  Each month one of the members on the team is chosen to set the challenge which can be a theme, a colour challenge or they can design a sketch.  This month Sally was chosen to set the challenge and this is the sketch she gave us. 



For the cardbase I used a sheet of Whisper White A4 Thick cardstock folded in half and burnished.

I cut a sheet of Whisper White A4 cardstock in half and placed this, with the narrow part at the top, in the Cable Knit Dynamic embossing folder and ran it through my Big Shot.  Because the embossing folder is a lot thicker than other embossing folders you only need to use one cutting pad.



To get the Marina Mist and Whisper White cardstock to line up I placed the Whisper White piece back into the embossing folder then put the Marina Mist piece where it needed to go before removing the Whisper White card.  It was a bit fiddly but I think the effect was worth it. 

I glued these 2 pieces together and on the back I added some foam tape to each side and the bottom.  At the top left hand and right hand side of the panel I added a 3/4" piece of foam tape leaving a gap in the middle for the ribbon to tuck into.


For the Rosette I cut a piece of Marina Mist cardstock that measured 1-1/4" x 11 5/8" and scored it at every 1/4" I folded it and burnished it really well.  I adhered this in between two 2" circles using a hot glue gun. I adhered a piece of Whisper White 5/8" Organza Ribbon on the back but you could use a safety pin if you prefer.


I wanted to make the Rosette removable so that the recipient could wear it.  To do this I punched two 1" circles from a piece of window sheet and glued one of them to the back of the Rosette and one onto the cardbase.  I used a glue dot to adhere the 2 'window sheet circles' together and tucked the ribbon in between the embossed panel and the cardbase.


I had lots of fun making my Rosette card and it didn't take long to make it.  I hope you like my card as much as I do.  If you have time to leave me a comment I would love to get your feedback.

If you have any questions please leave them in a comment below.

Have yourself some crafting fun.

Dee X

Please Click here to visit my 24/7 Online Store

If you would like to purchase any of the products I used to make my Rosette card
please click on the image below.

Product used:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment