Saturday, October 22, 2016

Simply Sketched Saturday Challenge - October, 2016


Welcome to another Simply Sketched Saturday Challenge.  Today's sketch was designed by the lovely Sally, I can't wait to see what the ladies have created for the blog hop.  Please continue hopping by clicking on the 'Next' or 'Previous' button at the bottom of this post.   


As soon as I saw the sketch I had an idea immediately so I grabbed a notebook and started sketching.  I knew this would be perfect for Sally's sketch so I went with the idea. After I saw Anna's beautiful Marina Mist Birthday card she made for last months challenge I decided this would be the colour I would use for this months challenge.  If you haven't seen Anna's card Click here and it will take you to her blog post.


I don't know why I haven't used Marina Mist for a card before, it is such a beautiful shade of blue.  I think it is because I organise my cardstock into Subtles, Brights, Regals, Neutrals and In-Colours and each colour family has a separate drawer so when I reach for a sheet of cardstock my 'go to' colours are always at the top and I forget about the other colours.  It's only when I see something I realise I have that colour too.  Do you see something and then remember you have that colour too or is it just me?


For my cardbase I used a sheet of Whisper White A4 Thick cardstock folded in half and burnished.  I embossed the background with the Cable Knit Dynamic Embossing Folder.   I will be using this a lot because I really love the detail you get with it.

The 'You are my #1 Hero' is from the My Hero stamp set, for every My Hero stamp set sold Stampin' Up! donates £2 to the Ronald McDonald House Charities.


For the Rosette I used Marina Mist cardstock & ink, Whisper White A4 Thick cardstock and Whisper White 5/8" Organza Ribbon.  I made the Rosette removable so the recipient can wear it.

I really enjoyed making this card and it was quick to make too.

Please continue the blog hop by clicking on the 'Next' or 'Previous'  button below.  If you have time please leave a comment for the ladies that are taking part today.

If you have any questions please leave them in a comment below.

Have yourself some crafting fun.

Dee x

Next

Previous

If you would like to purchase any of the products I used to make my Rosette card please click on
one of the pictures below, this will take you to my 24/7 Online Shop.

Product used:
 

16 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and I love those colours together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Dee, great use of that embossing folder too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hannah. It's the 1st time I've used the embossing folder and I've fallen in love with it. x

      Delete
  3. Those colours are gorgeous Dee- fab card! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keren, I haven't used Marina Mist before but I will definitely be using this colour more. love your card. x

      Delete
  4. Love this card Dee. Great take on the sketch. Love the rosette. Brilliant.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sally, I loved your sketch. It's the first time I have had to come up with an idea from and sketch. It's was lots of fun.

      Delete
  5. Love these colours - I haven't used Marina Mist much - I must give it a go! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, I hadn't used Marina Mist before and I really like it.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful card Dee. The little rosette is just lovely! And thank you for a mention, I'm glad my little card inspired you to try this lovely colour xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne, I have fallen in love with Marina Mist. xx

      Delete