Friday, November 11, 2016

How to Steampunk your Shoes


I love Stampin' Up! products but every now and then Stampin' Up! doesn't have the stamps I need.  Some of our friends love Steampunk and they have had birthdays over the last few months so I used Stampin' Up! products to make this card but I had to buy the stamps from Stampendous!

Nalini had a birthday coming up and I wanted to make a special steampunk shoes card for her.  The card I made had quite a bit of heat embossing but the end result was worth it. 


I always use my Embossing Buddy when heat embossing because it helps stop the embossing powder sticking where you don't want it to.

TIP: Instead of buying embossing powders in all different colours add Versamark to the stamp first and then add the coloured ink on top of the Versamark and use Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder.

For the Large shoe image I used Versamark and then Basic Black Archival ink. 

I used a blender pen to colour in the shoe and added Clear Wink of Stella to the 'metallic' areas. 


For the 2 smaller images I used Versamark and Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder.

For the cardbase I used an A4 sheet of Whisper White Thick Cardstock folded in half. 

TIP: Whisper White Thick Cardstock is brilliant to use for cardbases, boxes and gift tags.  

Nalini also loves top hats so I heat embossed the Steampunk top hat on Basic Black cardstock and added it inside her card. 


I stamped a smaller version of the Steampunk shoe on the front of the envelope.


Nalini absolutely loved her birthday card, seeing her huge smile when she opened it was brilliant. Nalini's mum once told me the only birthday cards her children keep are the cards I make for them. I felt really guilty when she told me because the children didn't keep the cards they got from their parents or grandparents.

I am really pleased with how this card came out.  It took a while to do all the heat embossing but once that was done it didn't take long to put the card together.  To be honest it was a fun card to make. 

If you have any questions or if I can help you with anything you can email me by clicking here or leave me a comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Have yourself some crafting fun.
Dee x

If you would like to order any of the Stampin' Up! products I used to make this card please click on the image below:-

No comments:

Post a Comment