Saturday, January 28, 2017

Pootler's Blog Hop - Sale-A-Bration


Hello and welcome to the Pootler's Blog Hop. The projects you will see in todays blog hop have been made using products in the Sale-A-Bration brochure.  I am really excited to be able to take part in todays blog hop and I can't wait to see what the other Pootler's who are taking part have created.

Sale-A-Bration is definitely the 'most wonderful time of the Stampin' Up! year' because for every £45 you spend (before shipping and handling) you get to choose a fabulous FREE gift from the Sale-A-Bration brochure. There is a great joining offer during Sale-A-Bration and hostesses will receive extra Stampin' Rewards with party sales of £200+ too.

Today I have 2 beautiful candles that I decorated using the Avant Garden and Delicate Details stamp sets.  When I first saw the Avant Garden stamp set in the brochure it wasn't one of those 'must have' products but after seeing a few projects made using the stamps Avant Garden went straight to the top of my 'must have' list. 

http://www2.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=143272&dbwsdemoid=5019533

Before Christmas I bought lots of large wax candles which I decorated with either a stamped image or a photograph and gave them as Christmas presents.  Everyone loved them but they all said "they are too lovely to burn".

Recently my husband bought home some real wax flameless candles from The Range and that got me wondering.  I had seen tutorials on transferring a stamped image onto a candle but I hadn't seen any tutorials where they transferred an image onto one of these.  I took the candles straight to my craftroom pulled out some white tissue paper and started stamping.  Could I transfer a stamped image onto these too?  I was so excited when I found I could, now I can give these as birthday presents knowing they will be used.  


The original candle I decorated for todays blog hop was made using the Avant Garden and Delicate Details stamp sets.  I used Pink Pirouette and Blushing Bride ink for the 3 flowers and the lace detail at the bottom was stamped using Pink Pirouette.  The stems are stamped with Old Olive and for the stamens I used Basic Black Archival ink.  

  


The candle looked really lovely but the images I stamped with Pink Pirouette ink were too light and didn't really show up.

I decided to make another candle using darker colours this time.  I stamped the flowers with Marina Mist and Tempting Turquoise ink, the stems were stamped with Old Olive ink and Basic Black Archival ink for the stamens. 
 

I am really pleased with how this candle turned out and I love the colour combination.  I still can't decide on whether to add a bow to the stems or not.  What do you think?

If you have been thinking about becoming a demonstrator Sale-A-Bration is the perfect time to join Stampin' Up!  Not only do you get to choose £130 worth of products for only £99 you also get to choose any 2 free stamp sets - that's an added value of up to £93.  Hostesses receive an extra £20 in Stampin' Rewards with party sales of £200+ during Sale-A-Bration.  

If you would like to order any Stampin' Up! products please click here to visit my 24/7 Online Store.

I hope you have found lots of inspiration in all the lovely creations you have seen so far in todays blog hop.  There are more inspirational creations to be seen so please continue hopping.

Have yourself some crafting fun.

Dee x




Products used 



7 comments:

  1. These look fabulous, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these candles Dee xx Beautiful project x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super idea, who knew you could stamp on these everlasting candles!

    ReplyDelete