Saturday, January 14, 2017

Pootler's Blog Hop - Spring/Summer 2017 Catalogue


Thank you for joining us today for the Pootler's Blog Hop. Today the Pootler's will be showcasing some of the products in the new Spring/Summer catalogue.

This catalogue is bursting with fabulous products and I have to say for me it's the best catalogue I've seen since I found Stampin' Up! products. My wish list is HUGE!!

Please continue the blog hop as you will find lots of inspiration from the very talented Pootler's. There is a full list of Pootler's taking part in the blog hop at the bottom of this post.

Today I would like to share with you the Luminaires I made using the So Detailed Thinlits DiesSealed with Love Stamp Set, Sending Love DSP and the Sending Love Glassine Sheets


The Sealed with Love Stamp Set, Sending Love DSP and Sending Love Glassine Sheets are part of the Sending Love Suite which can be found on pages 14 and 15 of the Spring/Summer catalogue.  There are 7 new Suites in the catalogue and to be honest there is normally something in the Suite that I'm not too keen on but I love EVERYTHING in the Sending Love Suite.
 
Sending Love Suite

For the front of my Luminaires I partially die-cut one of the So Detailed Thinlits Dies, which consists of 3 beautiful dies, shown in the image below.
 
  
When I was making the prototype (see photo below) I glued 2 thin strips of DSP to the front of the luminaire.  I didn't like how it looked so I added ribbon at the bottom and made the cute little envelope and heart insert using the Love Notes Framelits Dies

I wasn't sure whether to put something in the centre of the die-cut so I made a bow and added some Multipurpose Liquid Glue and left it to dry.  When the multipurpose liquid glue is left to air dry it becomes repositionable so I could temporarily attach the bow to the luminaire and remove it if I didn't like it.


 

I stamped the 'I Love You' and 'hugs & kisses' sentiments with Real Red ink.  I used the Classic Label Punch on the 'hugs & kisses' sentiment but the 'I Love You' sentiment was too big.  I wanted to keep the shape of the Classic Label Punch so I used a square punch.
 
 
I placed a battery operated tea light in the luminaire and it looks beautiful when lit up at night. 
If you are going to make a luminaire
ALWAYS use battery operated tea lights.
Please don't put these near a naked flame.


 
 
This is the 1st time I've made luminaires and I really love how they turned out.  I have totally fallen in love with the 'Sending Love Suite'. 

Would you like a copy of the Spring/Summer 2017catalogue and the Sale-A-Bration brochure? Please click here to request a copy and I will pop them in the post for you.

If I can help you with anything please leave a comment below or click here to contact me.
If you would like to buy any of the new products click here to go to my 24/7 Online Store.  For every £45 you spend on products from the Spring/Summer catalogue and/or the Annual catalogue you can choose a FREE Sale-A-Bration item too. The Sale-A-Bration event ends on 31st March, 2017.

I  hope today's Blog Hop has given you lots of inspiration.

Have yourself some crafting fun.

Dee x



If you would like to purchase any of the products I used to make the luminaires or you would like more details about the product click on the images below. 

Products Used


Products in the Sending Love Suite
 

30 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Jillian, I'm so pleased you liked them.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Laurie. Dee x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment Karen. I'm so pleased you like them. Dee x

      Delete
  4. Really lovely project Dee. I've not made one of these either but would love to give them a try. Yours look a little different to what I have seen before and think it would be fantastic if you had instructions you would share with us. Thanks for your inspiration. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, thank you for your lovely comment. I will get a blog post done as soon as I can with the instructions for the Luminaire. If you add your email address to the 'follow by email' on the right-hand side of my blog you will receive the blog post automatically. Take care. Dee x

      Delete
  5. Great idea - those Framelits are beautiful x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caroline, I had to do something different with them and I love the way the luminaires turned out. Dee x

      Delete
  6. Those framelits are perfect for projects like this. Love your luminaires.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna. I love these framelits. Dee x

      Delete
  7. Love these. Do you have instructions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phyllis, I will get a blog post done as soon as I can with the instructions for the Luminaire. If you add your email address to the 'follow by email' on the right-hand side of my blog you will receive the blog post automatically. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Take care. Dee x

      Delete
  8. It's beautiful project Dee. I love how you've used those dies xx

    ReplyDelete