Tuesday, January 17, 2017

So Detailed Wedding Favours or Valentine Treats

I really love the new So Detailed Thinlits Dies from Stampin' Up!  The die-cuts are really beautiful and they can be used for so many things.  I used one of the dies to make my Luminaire's (click here for the luminaire's) and both of the smaller dies make beautiful belly bands.


I had been die-cutting several of the large floral image in different coloured cardstock to put on some card fronts when I had the idea they would look lovely as Wedding Favours or as Valentine's day is not too far away they could also be a Valentine's Treat.   

The only sweets I had in the house to put in the Favour were Ferrero Rocher.  I measured the height of the die which was 2 5/8", the width of the die was just under 5 1/2" and the width of a Ferrero Rocher was approx. 1 1/2". 

I cut a sheet of Real Red cardstock to 5 1/2" wide and left it at 11 5/8".  I scored the cardstock at 2 3/4" and 4 1/4" on the long side.



This die adds a score line just under the die-cut area so I aligned this with the 2 3/4" score line and secured it in place with Micropore tape.  I then placed the edge of the cutting pad in-line with the 2 3/4" score line and ran it through my Big Shot using the magnetic platform and the precision base plate.  I did this again on the 4 1/4" score line.  I used the Big Shot Die Brush to remove all the fallout pieces of cardstock.

*When using both the magnetic platform and the precision base plate together please be careful as it can pinch your skin between the two of them.*


Once both sides of the Favour was die-cut it was still slightly attached to the sheet of cardstock so I used my paper snips to cut along the score lines to release it.  I  used glue dots to secure the Ferrero Rocher's to the base of the Favour and tied it with gold ribbon.

I really enjoyed making this today and it looks so much better than I thought it would. Maybe you will make some too.

Have yourself some crafting fun.
 
Dee x


Product List


Big Shot
[143263]
£99.00
Simply Scored
[122334]
£27.00
Bone Folder
[102300]
£6.25
Glue Dots
[103683]
£4.75

No comments:

Post a Comment