Sunday, February 05, 2017

Sale-A-Bration Simple Sunday

Thank you for joining me today for my new series Sale-A-Bration Simple Sunday.  I had planned to start this series at the beginning of January but I haven't been able to do much crafting due to ongoing health problems.

Sale-A-Bration ends on March 31st and including today there are only 8 Sundays left so every Sunday for the next 8 weeks (health permitting) I would like to show you some simple yet stylish projects you can create with some of the Sale-A-Bration freebies. 

If you are new to Sale-A-Bration for every £45 you spend on Stampin' Up! products (before shipping) you get to choose a free gift from the Sale-A-Bration brochure.

Today I would like to show you the card I created using the Avant Garden Stamp Set. 

  
When I first saw this stamp set in the brochure I loved the sentiments but I really didn't like the other images, they just weren't me.  After seeing a few projects made using these stamps I fell in love with it and when I placed my order I chose the Avant Garden stamp set as my free gift. 


The images in the Sale-A-Bration brochure don't do this stamp set justice.

When I felt well enough I had a play with the stamp set and I came up with this beautiful card.  


The cardbase is made using Whisper White Thick cardstock , the matting panels are Whisper White cardstock and Pink Pirouette cardstock. I also cut a strip of Pink Pirouette cardstock to attach to the left-hand side of the card.


All the flowers were stamped with Pink Pirouette ink, for the stamens I used Sweet Sugarplum ink and the stems and sentiment were stamped with Old Olive Ink.


Once I had finished the card I added Clear Wink of Stella  to the flowers to give it a bit of sparkle. 

I used Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the stamped Whisper White panel to the Pink Pirouette matting layer and to adhere the strip of Pink Pirouette cardstock on the left-hand side of the cardbase.  To give the card some dimension I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the stamped image to the cardbase.


How wrong was I about this stamp set?  I thought it wasn't me but it definitely is.  I have made several more projects with this stamp set including decorating some Real Wax Flameless LED Candles that are battery operated (click here to see the photo's of the candles). 

The Avant Garden stamp set is in my top 3 Sale-A-Bration products.  Do you have a favourite Sale-A-Bration product or maybe even a top 3?  I would really love to know what the favourite Sale-A-Bration freebies are so if you wouldn't mind taking a minute to leave me a comment letting me know your favourite(s) I would really appreciate it.

Next Sunday I will have another Sale-A-Bration Simple Sunday project.  If you would like to receive my blog posts by email you can add your email address to the 'follow by email' section on the right-hand side of my blog page.

Thank you for stopping by today.  I hope you like my card as much as I do.  This card was quick and easy to make and I think it looks really elegant.

If you need any of the products I used to make my card click on the image below or click here to visit my 24/7 online store.
 
Have yourself some crafting fun.

Dee x


No comments:

Post a Comment