Saturday, February 18, 2017

Sale-A-Bration Simple Sunday

Thank you for joining me today for my Sale-A-Bration Simple Sunday series.  The card I would like to share with you today was made using the Tasty Trucks stamp set  and the Any Occasion stamp set.  The little truck in the Tasty Trucks stamp set is so cute, I couldn't wait to get in my craftroom and start playing.   

        

The original cards I made for today's blog were made with DSP that was on the Clearance Rack but unfortunately that has now sold out.  When you want to recreate a project you have seen and you find it has been made with items that are no longer available I know how frustrating it can be.  I will include photos of the first cards I made at the bottom of this post because they could be recreated using a different DSP/background.

To make todays card I started by stamping the truck onto watercolour paper with Basic Black Archival ink.  I find Archival ink is the best ink to use when you are going to watercolour.  

If you follow my blog you will know I love the Watercolour Pencils Stampin' Up! introduced last month and I am using them to colour in everything.   


For the truck I chose Rich Razzleberry, Basic Gray and Basic Black watercolour pencils and used an Aqua Painter.  When you buy the Aqua Painters from Stampin' Up! there are 2 in the pack, one medium brush and one large brush, I used the medium brush to colour the truck.  Rich Razzleberry really is a beautiful colour and I need to use it more often.      

I stamped the 3 cupcakes with Basic Black Archival ink and coloured them in with the Aqua Painter and Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight and Melon Mambo watercolour pencils.  I also did a Soft Sky watercolour wash in the windows.  


For the background I used the Happy Birthday and heart that's in the Any Occasions stamp set.  I stamped these onto Whisper White cardstock with Rich Razzleberry ink


I fussy cut the truck and added Stampin' Dimensionals to the back of it.  I die-cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock with the 2nd largest oval from the Layering Oval Framelits dies and die-cut a piece of Rich Razzleberry cardstock with the largest scalloped oval die.  I adhered the 2 die-cut pieces together with Multipurpose Liquid Glue and attached the truck to the front.


I used multipurpose liquid glue to adhere the ovals to the background piece and adhered this to a matt layer of Rich Razzleberry cardstock.  My cardbase is a full sheet of Thick Whisper White cardstock cut in half the 'hotdog' way.


I hope you like todays card, it really was quick to make.  Maybe you will make one too.  This is definitely my favourite card out of all the cards I've made with the Tasty Trucks stamp set. 

I like to get feedback on my projects so if you could spare a few minutes to leave a comment letting me know what you like/dislike it would help me with future blog posts.

Have yourself some crafting fun.
 
 Dee x

These are the first cards I made for today's blog.  The DSP was perfect for these but it sold out really quickly.


Below you will find a list of the supplies I used to make today's Rich Razzleberry Tasty Trucks card.  If you need any of these products click on an image and it will take you to my online store which is open 24/7. 

If your order is less than £150 please remember to enter this month's Hostess Code on the checkout page.  The current Hostess Code can be found at the top right-hand side of this page. 

For every £45 you spend you can choose a free Sale-A-Bration item until 31st March 2017.

Product List


No comments:

Post a Comment