Saturday, February 25, 2017

Sale-A-Bration Simple Sunday

I can't believe we are more than half way through Sale-A-Bration.  I am always excited when my Stampin' Up! order arrives but it's even more exciting when there are Sale-A-Bration products in there as well.  When you see the Sale-A-Bration products in a brochure or online it isn't the same as having them in your hands and having fun seeing what you can create with them.  Stampin' Up! now have 15 Sale-A-Bration products to choose from.

Today I would like to share with you the card I made using the Hey Chick stamp set.  When I first saw this stamp set in the brochure I didn't like it but when I saw some of the projects that had been created with it I chose this stamp set as my free gift when I placed my next order. The Hey Chick stamp set is available in Wood Mount or Clear Mount, the links are at the bottom of this post.


The layout for today's card came from a sketch challenge that was on a Stampin' Up! forum run by Amanda Charlesworth.  As soon as I saw the sketch I knew it was perfect to use with the Hey Chick stamp set.  


For the Melon Mambo panel at the bottom of the card I used my Embossing Buddy on it because it prevents the embossing powder sticking to anything you don't want it to.  I stamped the Chicken image several times with Versamark Ink, added some Clear Embossing Powder then used my heat tool.


The Whisper White panel for  the top of my card was embossed using the Woodgrain Embossing Folder.

For my focal image I stamped the chicken onto Whisper White cardstock with Basic Black Archival Ink and coloured in with a Blender pen and Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie and Rich Razzleberry Watercolour Pencils.

The sentiment was also stamped onto Whisper White cardstock with Basic Black Archival Ink.  I die-cut the Chicken image, the sentiment and the sentiment's matt layer with the Layering Circle Framelits Dies.  I coloured the matt layer with Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, and Rich Razzleberry Watercolour Pencils and blended them with the blender pen.

 
I wrapped a piece of white ribbon around both of the panels and adhered them to an A5 cardbase with Tombow Multipurpose Glue.  The Chicken Image and sentiment were adhered to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.

 
I hope you like the card I made, it was simple to make and didn't take long to complete.

I have included a list of the products I used to make this card.  If you need any Stampin' Up! products click on one of the images below and it will take you to my Online Store when you can shop 24/7.

If you would like me to place an order for you or if you would like a copy of the catalogue and Sale-A-Bration brochure please click here to contact me.

Have yourself some crafting fun.

Dee x

For every £45 you spend on Stampin' Up! products you can choose a free Sale-A-Bration item.




Hey Chick Sale-A-Bration stamp set used to make todays card is available in Clear Mount or Wood Mount:



Products Used:



No comments:

Post a Comment