Saturday, February 18, 2017

Simply Sketched Saturday Challenge February Blog Hop



Thank you for joining us today for the Simply Sketched Saturday Challenge.  This months sketch was designed by Sam Charlton and as soon as I saw it I loved it.  To see the other projects made for todays blog hop please click on the 'Next' or 'Previous' buttons at the bottom of this post.


I was going to use the Special Reason stamp set for this sketch but when I was looking through my stamps I was drawn to the Country Livin' stamp set, the images in this stamp set are great for both male and female cards.

Country Livin'
The boots and guitar were stamped onto Watercolour Paper using Basic Black Archival ink (I have depleted my stash of Stampin' Up! watercolour paper so I had to use another brand).  I decided to colour the boots and guitar with the Early Espresso watercolour pencil and an Aqua Painter.  I love the new *Watercolour Pencils from Stampin' Up, they are so easy to work with and to blend, I am using them to colour everything at the moment. 


The sentiment I chose for my card is from the Balloon Adventures stamp set and was stamped with Early Espresso ink

The sentiment was die-cut with the 4th largest circle die in the Laying Circle Framelits DiesI die-cut the boots and the Early Espresso layer with the 2nd largest circle die from the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies.  The guitar was partially die-cut with the same stitched shapes die.


When I laid the die-cut images onto my cardbase it needed something to make the images 'pop' so I water coloured the backgrounds with an Aqua Painter and Soft Sky ink.

The sketch has a flower on it but I made a 'Sheriffs badge' with a star die, the owl builder punch for the 5 circles and the smallest circle die from the layering circle framelits dies. The 'No. 1' was stamped using the Labeler Alphabet stamp set and attached with Stampin' Dimensionals.  The 5 small circles were attached with mini glue dots.

 

This is the first time I have used Early Espresso cardstock and ink.  I have had a couple of packs of the Neutrals cardstock in my stash for about a year and I have only used the Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Smoky Slate and Basic Black.  I am definitely going to start looking at how I can use the other 'Neutrals' colours in my future projects.



I really like this card and it came out much better than I thought it would.  Sometimes you need to make something that is out of your comfort zone.
Please continue the blog hop by clicking on the 'Next' or 'Previous' buttons below, I can't wait to see what everyone else has made.  If you can spare a few minutes please would you leave a comment for everyone taking part today.

Have yourself some crafting fun.

 Dee x


Next

Previous


* The watercolour pencils have been so popular Stampin' Up! estimate there is enough stock to last 2-3 weeks then they will not be available to order until the end of April.

Cardbase: 10" x 7" scored on the long side at 5".
The 2 strips of Early Espresso cardstock measure 1/2" x 5".
You will also need some scraps of Gold Foil sheet, watercolour paper and Early Espresso cardstock.


Products:

Aqua Painters
[103954]
£15.50
Glue Dots
[103683]
£4.75


8 comments:

  1. What a great fun card - nice to see a masculine card for a change

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona, I make a lot of masculine cards throughout the year. This is the first card I have made with this stamp set without using the truck and it's the first time I have tried using any of the 'browns' in the neutrals. x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous masculine card Dee xx [if gorgeous and masculine can go in one sentence ;)] My daughter loves this stamp set, as she's a big fan of Supernatural xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna. Of course you can use gorgeous and masculine together, ask any man (especially the vain ones lol). x

      Delete
  3. Fabulous card Dee, I just love it turned on it's side. The perfect masculine cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch Dee. Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Dee! I hadn't really looked at this stamp set before, lovely!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Dee. I love the sheriff badge. Brilliant.xx

    ReplyDelete