Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Tasty Trucks Melon Mambo Card

Last Sunday I shared my cute little Tasty Trucks card that I made as part of my Sale-A-Bration Simple Sunday series (click here if you would like to see the card). 

As soon as I had finished the card I had the idea to make another background using the pancakes, cupcake and ice cream stamps that are in the Tasty Trucks stamp set.

The new card I have made would be suitable for an adult or a child.

For the background I used Melon Mambo ink to stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment which is from the Any Occasions stamp set.  The pancakes, cupcakes and ice-creams were stamped with Basic Black Archival ink.

I stamped the truck, pancakes, cupcake and ice-cream onto Whisper White cardstock and coloured them in with watercolour pencils and a blender pen.  The centre strip of the truck and the sky light were stamped onto a scrap piece of Melon Mambo cardstock, fussy cut and adhered using Tombow multipurpose liquid glue.  


I added Stampin' dimensionals to the back of the truck and attached it to 2 ovals that I die-cut using the Layering Oval Framelits dies.

The layout for this card was supposed to be the same as the one I made for Sale-A-Bration Simple Sunday but I really liked the background and the focal image covered most of it up so I used an A5 cardbase instead.


I love how this card has turned out, I am so pleased I didn't cover up the background.  

Do you think this card would be suitable for both adults and children?

I hope you can come back on Sunday to see what I have created using the Hey Chick stamp set for the next part of my Sale-A-Bration Simple Sunday series.

If you would like to order any Stampin' Up! products click on an image below and this will take you to my Online Store where you can shop 24/7. 

*Until 31st March, 2017 for every £45 you spend on Stampin' Up! products you can choose a Sale-A-Bration item for free and there are 15 fabulous items to choose from including the Any Occasions stamp set and the Tasty Trucks stamp set.*


Have yourself some crafting fun.
 Dee x

Product List


Blender Pens
[102845]
£9.00


No comments:

Post a Comment