Sunday, March 26, 2017

Sale-A-Bration Simple Sunday - Dimensional Flowers and Monkeying Around cards

Firstly I would like to apologise for not sending out a blog post last Sunday.  I have been so busy trying to organise/set-up a monthly workshop in my area as well as trying to find time to make Birthday cards for my Son and my Mother-in-Law as well as make her Mothers Day Card and present.

Today is my final Sale-A-Bration Simple Sunday post, there are only 5 days of Sale-A-Bration left.  I have loved the amazing selection of free gifts Stampin' Up! have given us this year and it will be strange not adding a free gift when I place my next order.  Yes I will definitely miss Sale-A-Bration.

Today I have 2 Sale-A-Bration items that I would like to show you.  The Inside the Lines DSP has become one of my favourites, you can use either watercolour pencils or alcohol markers to colour the images.  There are 3 sheets of each of the 4 designs, each sheet is 12"x12".

I decided to use my alcohol markers to colour in some of the flowers on my card because I have used the watercolour pencils for a lot of my recent projects. 



The red flower, the yellow flower at the top of my card and the yellow 'buds' were adhered using Stampin' Dimensionals.  I used a Gloss Black Gelly Roll Glaze pen for the 'dots' on both of the flowers.  The DSP is adhered to a matt layer of Basic Black cardstock and Pink Pirouette cardstock.  I added a piece of Pink Pirouette Seam Binding which is currently on the clearance rack, I have added the link for this at the bottom of the post.

The sentiment is from the So in Love stamp set.


When I first saw the Make a Medallion stamp set online I saw a circle on Monkey Faces, did you?  After I had photographed my cards and added the watermark I needed to save them.  I needed a name that I could remember and find easily so I saved them as my Monkeying Around cards.     

I stamped the 'monkey faces' image with Early Espresso ink and added rosy cheeks with the Calypso Coral watercolour pencil.  I die-cut the image with one of the circle dies from the Layering Circle Framelits dies.  I die-cut a piece of Early Espresso cardstock with one of the scalloped dies from the Layering Circle Framelits dies.


I used a 4"x4" card and the Inside the Lines DSP.  The focal image is adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals.


For my next card I stamped the image with Soft Suede ink.  I coloured the faces with the Early Espresso watercolour pencil and added rosy cheeks with the Calypso Coral watercolour pencil.


I added a piece of 5/8" Burlap Ribbon to the Inside the Lines DSP before adhering it to a piece of Soft Suede cardstock.  The focal image is attached to the DSP with Stampin' Dimensionals.


I can't decide if the faces look better coloured in or not.  Which do you prefer? 

Now I've had my 'mad half hour' in my craftroom creating my monkey cards, it's time to start tidying  up - before I make a mess again working on my next project : )

If you would like to order any Stampin' Up! products please click here to visit my online store, you can shop 24 hours a day 7 days a week.  At the bottom of this post you will find links to all the products I used to make all 3 cards.

If you have time please leave a comment below, I would love to have some feedback.

Have yourself some crafting fun.

Dee x

Products used





Sale-A-Bration Product List - 1 Free item for every £45 spent (before shipping)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment