Sunday, April 16, 2017

Pootlers April Birthday Blog Hop - It's my Birthday


Thank you for joining me for todays Pootles Birthday Club Blog Hop. The projects you will see today were all created by Pootler's who have April Birthdays. I love taking part in the Pootler's blog hops, my creativity goes into overdrive and every blog hop they do has so many beautiful and inspirational projects. Please click on the images at the bottom of this blog post to see their creations.

This year I have a 'big Birthday' and I will be celebrating today AND tomorrow. Why am I having 2 days of celebrations? My Birthday is tomorrow but both of my children will be working and because they like to see me open my presents we are all getting together today. Later today my daughter Kayleigh has organised an Easter Egg Hunt in the garden (weather permitting) for our 2 godsons who are 8 and 3, their Mum (dad has to work today), my 2 children (who are 28 & 24) and my sons fiancée. Tomorrow I have family and friends coming round to celebrate with me.

Anyway, onto today's project. They say "a Lady never tells her age" but my card definitely gives away my age.

I planned to make an A5 card so I started by cutting a piece of Whisper White cardstock for the top matting layer and scored this into 6 equal sections.




I knew I wanted to use the large flower image from the Grateful Bunch stamp set on my card. This stamp set has so many beautiful images but I tend to use the 3 smaller flowers with the punch and the larger flower gets overlooked.  The stamp set is retiring so I decided to use it one more time.

I stamped the flower 4 times onto a sheet of Watercolour paper with Basic Black Archival ink and coloured them with Bermuda Bay and Crushed Curry ink and an Aqua Painter. Once they were completely dry I fussy cut the flowers and curled the petals with a bone folder. To add more dimension to the flowers I placed a Stampin' Dimensional in the centre of one of the flowers and offset the petals on the top flower before adhering the two flowers together.


The dragonfly is from the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set. I stamped the dragonfly onto watercolour paper using Basic Black Archival ink. I coloured the wings with Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo and Night of Navy ink and an Aqua Painter. When the dragonfly was completely dry I die-cut it using the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Dies.


For the 50's on the card I used the Large Numbers Framelits Dies, Thick Whisper White cardstock and Bermuda Bay Cardstock. I wanted the numbers to have some dimension too so I die-cut nine 5's and nine 0's in Thick Whisper White and three 5's and three 0's in  Bermuda Bay. I took 3 of the Whisper White die-cuts and adhered them on top of each other with multipurpose liquid glue and then slightly offset the Bermuda Bay die-cut to the bottom.

I really love the way this card turned out.  Do you like it too?

I'm off to take a look at the other projects that are part of todays blog hop and I hope you will do too.

Have yourself some crafting fun.

Dee x




Cardbase

1 sheet of A4 Whisper White Thick cardstock folded in half.

Cardbase layers

Bermuda Bay cardstock 8 1/8" x 5 5/"
Whisper White cardstock 7 7/8" x 5 3/8". On the long side I scored at 2 5/8" and 5 1/4". On the short side I scored at 2 3/4".



2 comments: