Saturday, June 10, 2017

I'm Not Just A Pretty Label - Pretty Label Punch Showcase

I was really upset when I found out Stampin' Up! were going to retire the Decorative Label Punch because I used it for more than just punching labels.  What could they bring out that would be better?  I had to wait until early April to find out.

When I got to see the Pretty Label Punch in the online version of the new Annual Catalogue I wasn't very impressed but when pre-order time came I ordered the bundle (the punch and the Label Me Pretty stamp set).  Now I have had time to play with these the punch is so much better than the old Decorative Label punch

As the title of this blog post says the new Pretty Label punch is not just for making pretty labels.  This week I have several blog posts showcasing how versatile the Pretty Label punch is.  The punch can be purchased on it's own or as a bundle and the images in the Label Me Pretty stamp set are gorgeous. 


Today I will be focusing on the punch's intended purpose and showing you how lovely the images in the stamp set are.

The photo below shows one of the Label Me Pretty images stamped tone on tone on the 5 new 2017/2019 In Colors - Berry Burst, Fresh Fig, Lemon Lime Twist, Powder Pink and Tranquil Tide  This is a sneak peak of the Pootler's blog hop I'm taking part in on Saturday. Shhh, don't tell Pootles I showed you.


The floral Happy Birthday label looks even lovelier when it's coloured in.  If you like to make plain and simple cards the coloured image would look great layered on top of a strip of ribbon, cardstock or DSP.


You can also layer a sentiment in the centre of the Label as shown below.  The sentiment was stamped with Berry Burst ink onto a scrap of Whisper White cardstock and punched with the 1-1/4" circle punch.  This was layered onto a piece of Berry Burst cardstock that was die-cut with the 2nd smallest scallop circle die in the Layering Circles Framelits dies. The Wedding Wishes sentiment is from the beautiful Floral Phrases stamp set.


I hope today's post has shown you how lovely the new Pretty Label punch and Label Me Pretty stamp set is.  I have had great fun playing with this bundle and I hope you will do too.

My next post will be out in a couple of days and I will be showing you another use for the Pretty Label punch.  If you don't want to miss any future blog posts add you email address to the 'Follow by Email' section on the right hand side of my blog page.

Have yourself some crafting fun.
 
Dee x

The products used in todays post are listed below. If you would like to order any Stampin' Up! products click on an image below and you will be directed to my online store.

Product List

*When designing a project or when I CASE a project I always use my cheap cardstock to make a prototype before making it with my Stampin' Up! cardstock.   I do check the measurements I add to my blog posts but when typing lots of measurements mistakes can be made.  When making any project I recommend making it first with cheap cardstock before using your best cardstock.*

No comments:

Post a Comment