Saturday, June 03, 2017

Wedding Keyrings Box Tutorial

My daughter Kayleigh had bought a set of Mr & Mrs Keyrings for her friends wedding in October but the box they came in was really cheap and tacky so I offered to make a 'Book Style' box to put them in.

My M.E. has got worse and for months I have been struggling with Chronic Pain/Fatigue and partway through making the box I had to take some timeout to rest and relax.  After a few weeks of rest I have now finished the box and I'm so chuffed with it I wanted to share it with you. 



Outer Sleeve/Wrap - Very Vanilla cardstock 8-3/4" x 4". Score the short side at 1-5/8" rotate 180 degrees and score again at 1-5/8" (by scoring it this way it ensures both the top and bottom are the same size).

The Very Vanilla ribbon I used has sadly now retired but you can use any ribbon you have in your stash.  I attached the ribbon with Tear and Tape and to give the box a more professional look (to hide the ribbon on the top section) I glued another piece of 8-3/4" x 1-5/8" Very Vanilla cardstock.

Reinforced Tray - Very Vanilla cardstock 11-1/2" x 4-1/2".  Score at 3/4" & 1-1/2" on all 4 sides.  Fold along the score lines and burnish well. 

The picture below shows which sections of the cardstock need removing to make the 4 tabs for the reinforced tray and which panels to stamp on if you would like to add a stamped border to the front and sides of the tray.  If your stamped image is directional the 2 arrows show which direction to stamp your image.


I used my Embossing Buddy before embossing the gorgeous flower border from the Floral Phrases stamp set with Gold Stampin' Emboss powder.  I found Tear and Tape was the best adhesive to use when putting the tray together and I used Tombow Multi Purpose Liquid Glue to adhere the tray to the base of the outer sleeve/wrap.


Tray Insert - Very Vanilla cardstock 9-7/16" x 2-1/2".  Score at 1/2" on all 4 sides.

The Sentiment is from the Floral Phrases stamp set.  This was stamped with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Gold Stampin' Emboss powder. 

Matting and Layering

The Lid

8-5/8" x 1-1/2" Gold cardstock.  8-1/2" x 1-3/8" Very Vanilla cardstock.

The Sentiment

3-5/8" x 1-1/8" Gold cardstock.  3-1/2" x 1" Very Vanilla cardstock

Thank you for visiting my blog today, if you have time to leave a comment I would love to hear from you.  I have listed the products I used to make the box below, if you need any of these products click on the image and it will take you to my 24/7 online shop.  When I was making the box I didn't have enough Gold Foil and had to use something else but I have added the link below for the Gold Foil sheets in case you're like me and need to order some.

Have yourself some crafting fun.

Dee x

* When designing a project or when I CASE a project I always use my cheap cardstock to make a prototype before making it with my Stampin' Up! cardstock.   I do check the measurements I add to my blog posts but when typing lots of measurements mistakes can be made.  When making any project I recommend making it first with cheap cardstock before using your best cardstock. *

Products used:

Tools Used:

4 comments:

  1. This is just amazing! What a beautiful box!
    May I ask what ME is? You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such a lovely comment Patricia. M.E. stands for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis. My body struggles to recover after doing Simple physical or mental activities so I have continuous chronic fatigue. It also causes pain in the muscles and joints as well as several other symptoms. Making this project would be a simple task for most people but the mental and physical energy that went into this project left me totally wiped out for several days. I hope this gives you a better understanding of M.E. Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this box is stunning!!!! I am so sorry to hear of you having M.E. My good friend was diagnosed last year with this and is struggling to deal with the effects. She was a very active person so now she is trying to discover where she fits in her daily life. Bless you for finishing your project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie, I'm really sorry to hear about your friend. I was diagnosed 13 years ago and I too led a very active life, I had 2 young children, I was working full-time and studying. I was angry and I got very depressed not being able to do anything. Paper crafting has helped me so much because it's something I can do when I feel up to it and I can go back to it when I'm able to. When I finish a project I get a huge sense of achievement too. Dee x

      Delete